Family Lawyers for Duval, Clay, St. Johns & Nassau Counties – Call 904.353.7733
The attorneys at Fletcher & Phillips help northern Florida clients with matters of Family Law, including divorce, alimony, child support, custody, visitation, and modifications.
• Lyman T. Fletcher • Michael R. Phillips • Samantha Ceres
Lyman T. Fletcher
Lyman T. Fletcher was Board Certified in Marital and Family Law for 30 years from June 1986 through May 2016. He is a Fellow Emeritus with the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and a Master Emeritus of the Florida Family Law Inns of Court. He began his law practice in Jacksonville, Florida, in 1970 and shortly after, began specializing his practice in Family Law, including interstate child custody, grandparents’ visitation rights, paternity, and domestic relations. He lectured, conducted seminars, and authored articles on all aspects of Marital and Family Law throughout his career. He was City Commissioner and then Mayor of Atlantic Beach, FL, past chairman and board member of Town Center Association, and served as 1st Lt., Intelligence Branch, US Army, 1964-1966.
- Florida Bar #121966, 12/19/1969;
- US District Court, Florida Middle District, February 1970;
- US Supreme Court, June 1975;
- US 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, 1981.
- Florida Bar Marital & Family Law Board Certified from June 1986 through May 2016
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator from 1989 to July 2013
- Florida Super Lawyer 2007, and 2009 through 2014
- The Florida Family Law American Inns of Court, Master Emeritus
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Fellow Emeritus
- Florida State University College of Law, JD (1969 Charter Class)
- Florida State University, BA 1964
Michael R. Phillips
Michael R Phillips is a trial attorney who concentrates his Family Law practice on complex divorce cases, child custody, business valuations, and military issues. He is a Barrister and past Jacksonville Executive Committee member of the Florida Family Law Inns of Court. Attorney Phillips is an active member of Rotary International – Beaches Oceanside and Jacksonville Chapter President of the Carolina Alumni Association. He is former Assistant District Legal Counsel for the Florida Department of Children and Families in both St. Johns and Duval Counties in Florida.
- Fletcher & Phillips, partner, 2006-present
- Florida Department of Children and Families, Assistant District Legal Counsel, 2005-2006
Lectures & Publications:
- (2012, June 19) Introduction to Divorce Law, LawReviewCle
- (2010) Reducing Stress Without Sacrificing Success in a Boutique Marital and Family Law Firm, The Family Law Commentator, Vol. XXIV, No.3, 11-13.
- (2008, November 7) Handling Electronic Records and Files, Electronic Law Office, Half Moon LLC
- (2007, August 2) Obtaining and Evaluating Information, Florida Family Practice, Half Moon LLC,
- US Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- US District Court, Florida Middle District
- Florida Court of Appeals
- Florida Bar
- Florida Super Lawyer, since 2009
- National Advocates Top 100 Matrimonial and Family Law Lawyers
- Florida Family Law Inns of Court, Barrister and Officer
- Florida Bar Association, Family Law section
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Jacksonville Beach Bar Association
- Clay County Bar Association
- Carolina Alumni Association, President Jacksonville Chapter
- Gamecock Club, Board of Directors
- Rotary International, Beaches Oceanside President
- DEMP Project, Board of Directors
- Alco House, Board of Directors
- Hodges Presbyterian Church, Elder & Chairman, Endowment Committee
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D.
- University of South Carolina School of Business, B.S.,
- University of South Carolina, President Jacksonville Gamecock Club
Samantha Ceres is a trial attorney who practices Family Law, Estate Planning and Criminal Defense. She is an effective listener and communicator who prioritizes her client’s needs above all else. Samantha is driven by advocating for her clients and uses her legal knowledge and skills to produce the best possible outcome. Throughout her life she has been challenged by adversity and uses her past experience to help her clients through their difficult times while serving their case meticulously and effectively.
- Florida Bar
- University of Florida Fredrick G Levin School of Law, JD 2018
- University of Central Florida, BS in Legal Studies, Minor in Criminal Justice, 2014
- Fletcher & Phillips, Associate, 2022-present
- Public Defenders Office, CLI, 2018-2019
- Florda Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association