Jacksonville Divorce Alimony Lawyer

Periodic Payment and Lump Sum Alimony after Dissolution of Marriage

In Florida, State Statute 61.08 determines alimony distribution during a separation. When it determines support payments, The family court will consider both the actual need for alimony or maintenance as well as the ability to pay it.

Fletcher & Phillips can help those in Duval, St. Johns, Clay, and Nassau Counties in northern Florida with marriage/ or seperation settlements. Lyman T. Fletcher was Board Certified in Marital and Family Law by the Florida Bar for 30 years from June 1986 through May 2016. He began practicing family law in Jacksonville, Florida in 1974.

Alimony Awards in Florida

Individual evaluations for financial awards

Going through a divorce can be stressful and financially burdensome. Just because you are no longer together, does not mean you are no longer entitled to financial support from your spouse. You may be entitled to receive alimony support while you are separated and after the divorce conclusion. Every case is different and Florida Family Courts look at each individually. In divorce cases, either party may be awarded financial support, depending on factors specific to that case. Fletcher & Phillips is here to help clients in Duval, St. Johns, Clay, and Nassau Counties in northern Florida determine what individual factors will help you receive the award of alimony you are entitled to during your divorce case.

Will alimony be awarded in your divorce?

Money may be awarded as a lump sum, paid monthly, on a temporary basis, or not at all. Many factors are considered in determining if a party is entitled to a financial award, how much alimony they should be awarded, and how long they will receive payments:

  • Length of marriage
  • Standard of living
  • Physical and emotional conditions
  • Financial resources
  • Contribution to marriage

Also used to determine payments and structure:

  • Income sources
  • Education level
  • Employment opportunities
  • Responsibilities to minor children
  • Adultery

Talk to our attorneys about the possibility of financial awards in your divorce case. Call (904)-353-7733 for advice on alimony in Jacksonville or anywhere in North Florida.

Comments are closed.